SCAI Announces Dedicated Educational Track On Quality Improvement In Invasive/Interventional Cardiology
WASHINGTON, March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A first-of-its-kind educational track devoted to quality improvement will debut at the 2013 Scientific Sessions of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI), May 8-11, in Orlando, Fla. The new track will provide a forum for discussion of topics impacting the future of health care in the United States, such as public reporting, quality metrics, peer review and evolving physician reimbursement models, as well as the impact of new quality improvement efforts, many of which have been initiated by interventional cardiologists.
"The new track marks a first time a foundational focus has been put on quality at a national medical meeting," said SCAI President J. Jeffrey Marshall, M.D., FSCAI. "It is representative of the dedicated role of interventional cardiology in leading quality improvement and patient safety efforts, and will allow meeting attendees to tailor their experience to emphasize these critical elements of patient care."
All-new, quality-focused programming relevant to the life-saving and life-enhancing care delivered by interventional cardiologists will be included in the SCAI 2013 Quality Improvement track. Programming will include:
- The quality mandate and new regulatory policies
- Payment reform and how it will impact health providers
- Public reporting
- How interventional cardiologists can be quality and safety champions in the cath lab
- Ethical challenges in intervention
- Review, certification, accreditation and beyond: steps toward achieving safe, appropriate and measureable care
"The addition of the new Quality Improvement track to SCAI's Scientific Sessions is a testament to our commitment as a profession to quality improvement amidst the changing health care environment," said SCAI 2013 Program Co-chair Kenneth Rosenfield, M.D., FSCAI. "This level of programming focused solely on improving quality and safety for our patients is exceptional for a medical meeting and will be unique to SCAI 2013. It will allow us to tackle some of the greatest challenges impacting cardiovascular medicine today and ultimately improve patient care."SCAI's numerous quality tools, including the Quality Improvement Toolkit (SCAI-QIT), appropriate use criteria, practice guidelines and accreditation will also be discussed during the new track's sessions, allowing attendees to tailor their meeting experience to their practices' needs as well as critical elements for delivering safe and appropriate patient care.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV