SLI Systems And FitForCommerce Release New Study Of How Retailers Can Leverage Advanced Site Search To Sometimes Remove Need For Re-platforming Their ECommerce Sites
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SLI Systems ( www.sli-systems.com) and FitForCommerce ( www.fitforcommerce.com) today announced that the two companies have jointly published a new whitepaper outlining advanced site search strategies online retailers can take to reduce or altogether remove the need for a new eCommerce platform – typically a highly costly and complex initiative that can take millions of dollars and several months to years to complete.
State-of-the-art site search technology has advanced to the point of being able to handle a greater portion of the customer's online experience and can now control key website functions that have traditionally been major factors in the decision to re-platform. With a robust, flexible site search solution in place, online retailers can positively impact conversion rates, average order values, and other key metrics, obviating the need to upgrade or switch platforms.
The study also highlights how mobile site search can be a saving grace for companies looking to enable a mobile shopping experience, by creating an integrated experience that enables better mobile browsing and prominent searching capabilities, which are often limited on mobile commerce platforms. The study is available as a free downloadable paper at www.sli-systems.com.
The whitepaper showcases several retail brands' best-of-breed site search deployments and highlights key areas:
- Dynamically updated merchandised landing pages and category assortment to reflect current product availability. An advanced search solution can be overlaid on an existing eCommerce platform, giving merchants easy-to-use graphical interfaces to create these pages without the involvement of the IT group.
- The use of site search to drive much of the web experience, including navigation, search, merchandising, landing pages, and SEO efforts. When site search acts as the front-end of a web site companies can conduct merchandising and product presentations more efficiently – again, without the need to involve IT.
- Multi-variant testing. Typically an area of limited capabilities for the underlying platform, this type of testing in site search shows different users different experiences and tests conversions and average order values to determine which approach is most effective.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV