March Is Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month
CHERRY HILL, N.J., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA) recognizes March as MS Awareness Month. Throughout March, MSAA encourages individuals to expand their knowledge, understanding, and support of individuals whose lives are affected by multiple sclerosis (MS). MSAA offers the following ways to learn and support the MS community:
- A new website, mymsaa.org, which features new sections and enhancements, providing easier access to more information, more resources, and vital tools for the entire MS community
- My MS Manager™, MSAA's mobile phone application to track disease activity, generate reports, and assist individuals with their treatment plan
- My MS Resource Locator, an MS-specific, online database
- S.E.A.R.C.H.™ program to assist individuals to navigate through the ever-changing landscape of MS
- MSAA's educational events – check out our calendar of events to see what is scheduled for your area
Interested in helping the MS community?
- Volunteer with MSAA! MSAA is recruiting participants for our signature fundraising event – Swim for MS. Dive into action today to raise awareness of MS and you might be selected to receive one of two sets of park hopper passes from Walt Disney World! Register today at SwimforMS.org!
- Help to spread MS awareness by downloading MSAA's March is MS Awareness Month badge and use it as your social media profile picture ( right-click the image at the bottom of this page, save it to your computer, then use it on your Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn account profile pictures)
- Become a part of MSAA's online community. Sign up to receive periodic email updates, become a fan of MSAA on Facebook; follow MSAA on Twitter; view one of MSAA's YouTube videos and check out MSAA's blog MS Conversations.
- Donate to MSAA's vital programs and services that benefit the entire MS community.
About MSAA The Multiple Sclerosis Association of America is a national nonprofit organization and leading resource for the entire MS community, improving lives today through vital services and support. MSAA provides free programs and services, such as: a Helpline; award-winning publications including a magazine, The Motivator; website featuring educational videos and research updates; S.E.A.R.C.H.™ program to assist the MS community with learning about different treatment choices; a mobile phone app, My MS Manager™; a resource database, My MS Resource Locator; equipment distribution ranging from grab bars to wheelchairs; cooling accessories for heat-sensitive individuals; educational events and activities; MRI funding and insurance advocacy; and more. For additional information, please visit www.mymsaa.org or call (800) 532-7667.
About Multiple Sclerosis The most common neurological disorder diagnosed in young adults, multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease of the central nervous system. This disorder damages or destroys the protective covering (known as myelin) surrounding the nerves, causing reduced communication between the brain and nerve pathways. Common symptoms include visual problems, overwhelming fatigue, difficulty with balance and coordination, and various levels of impaired mobility. MS is not contagious or fatal.(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130304/PH70359LOGO ) SOURCE Multiple Sclerosis Association of America
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV