WOONSOCKET, R.I., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS/pharmacy announced today the kickoff of its annual Project Health wellness campaign. In 2013, Project Health, known as Proyecto Salud in Spanish, will deliver more than $15 million worth of free health screenings to multicultural communities across the United States.
More than 750 Project Health events will be held at select CVS/pharmacy retail locations in 10 cities across the U.S., including Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, DC. Events will also be held at select CVS/pharmacy stores in Puerto Rico.
Project Health will offer an array of free comprehensive health risk assessments including Body Mass Index (BMI), blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose screenings and smoking cessation counseling. Additional screenings that will be offered include Dental Care in October and Bone Density in May and November. Information and education will also be offered each month based on recognized health awareness themes, such as nutrition assessment, lifestyle stress tests and breast cancer education. Additionally, children seven years of age and older may participate in this year's screenings with parental consent."Far too many of the multicultural populations we serve have difficulty accessing preventive care," said Troyen A. Brennan, M.D., M.P.H., Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, CVS Caremark. "Project Health makes it easier for our customers to make their health a priority, offering them health risk assessments free of charge right in their neighborhoods. This program allows us to better reach customers who come from a wide array of ethnic and cultural backgrounds, ensuring that we are able to help all people on their path to better health."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV