DALLAS, March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) and its wholly owned subsidiary AirTran Airways announced today an extension of flight schedules for travel through Nov. 1, 2013. In extending both carriers' bookable inventory, Southwest introduces four new nonstop routes, including the first Southwest service from Des Moines to the West through Las Vegas, and the return of seasonal service in three markets. The carrier also announced new Southwest Airlines service between Fort Lauderdale- Hollywood and San Juan, a conversion from AirTran service in the market, beginning Sep. 29, 2013. Southwest Airlines begins its initial service in San Juan, Puerto Rico on April 14 with nonstop service between both Tampa Bay and Orlando. AirTran introduces additional seasonal flying to and from Florida. To book flights, please visit: www.southwest.com or www.airtran.com.
To celebrate the new service, the carrier announced introductory one-way fares between Atlanta and San Diego, Nashville and Pittsburgh, Des Moines and Las Vegas, and Jacksonville and Chicago, available today through Mar. 17, 2013, for travel between Sept. 27, 2013, and Oct. 31, 2013, and between Fort Lauderdale and San Juan, available today through Apr. 14, 2013, for travel between Sept. 29, 2013, and Oct. 31, 2013 (see Fare Rules below). In addition to low fares, Southwest Airlines allows Customers to check two bags for free (weight and size limits apply) and doesn't charge a fee to change a ticket. To take advantage of the fare sale, please visit: www.southwest.com.
Southwest's new markets:
- Two daily nonstop flights between Fort Lauderdale- Hollywood and San Juan ( as low as $89 one-way )
- One daily nonstop flight between Nashville and Pittsburgh ( as low as $109 one-way )
- One daily nonstop flight between Atlanta and San Diego ( as low as $115 one-way )
- One daily nonstop flight between Des Moines and Las Vegas ( as low as $125 one-way )
- One daily nonstop flight between Jacksonville and Chicago ( as low as $149 one-way )
- One daily nonstop flight between Indianapolis and Orlando
- One daily nonstop flight between Jacksonville and Las Vegas
- One daily nonstop flight between Orlando and Minneapolis- Saint Paul
- Seasonal service between Orlando and Houston (Hobby)
- Seasonal service between Orlando and New Orleans
- Seasonal service between Fort Myers and Columbus
- Seasonal service between Fort Lauderdale- Hollywood and Pittsburgh