LexisNexis® Legal & Professional ( www.lexisnexis.com), a leading global provider of content and technology solutions, today announced that it has signed an exclusive licensing agreement with Rosen Technology Resources, Inc., to integrate Rosen’s Polaris and ALCoder software tools into the LexisNexis suite of electronic discovery software products.
“These applications provide very advanced capabilities to litigation teams during the early case assessment, processing and review stages of electronic discovery,” said Matt Gillis, vice president and managing director of the Litigation Tools & Professional Services business at LexisNexis. “In particular, the email threading, near duplicate analysis and concept clustering capabilities of Polaris will save our customers a great deal of time and money by fully integrating this powerful tool into LAW PreDiscovery and Concordance Evolution. Polaris and ALCoder are regarded as leading-edge tools in their category, so the addition of this technology to our e-discovery suite is a significant competitive advantage for us.”
Under terms of the agreement, Rosen’s Polaris and ALCoder tools will continue to be sold on a standalone basis as well, but both will also be fully integrated within:
- LexisNexis Early Data Analyzer, which enables litigation teams to quickly capture an entire document set, assess the contents and then eliminate irrelevant documents prior to the more costly e-discovery phases of processing and review;
- LAW PreDiscovery, software from LexisNexis that offers litigation teams the power to filter and cull non-responsive e-discovery and scanned documents before review; and
- Concordance Evolution, the enterprise class review software product from LexisNexis for complete electronic discovery and litigation document management.
Polaris is regarded as a leading application in the fast-growing category of “near duplicate” technology, which is designed to filter out irrelevant documents from the e-discovery process by flagging documents that are nearly identical. Polaris recognizes documents within an e-discovery collection that it identifies as being similar — based on the parameters established by the user — by evaluating the actual content of the documents. This is a crucial technological capability because it speeds up review and ensures consistency during the production process, which translates into reduced costs and greater efficiency.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts