Instead of courting deals from premium-priced brands, KSS has pursued exclusive celebrity and designed-backed labels for its stores, moves that have dramatically boosted KSS' margins and customer draw. Today, around half of Kohl's sales come from its own private label brands.
In 2013, Kohl's has managed to attract investors thanks to its strategy as well as its 3% dividend yield. With a balance sheet that's flush with cash and plenty of untapped room for new store locations in the U.S., this retail Rocket Stock name has more growth ahead of it. We're betting on shares this week.
To see all of this week's Rocket Stocks in action, check out the Rocket Stocks portfolio at Stockpickr.
-- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV