U.S. Bank and American Red Cross today announced a new partnership that will provide disaster preparedness funding, opportunities for customer contributions, and increased employee volunteer opportunities.
The partnership includes a number of important components, including:
- An annual commitment of $250,000 from U.S. Bank that will help the Red Cross prepare for vital disaster services.
- The opportunity for customers in local markets to contribute at designated U.S. Bank ATMs when disaster strikes their community or region.
- In connection with National American Red Cross month in March, U.S. Bank will kick off Employee Awareness and Preparedness Fairs for the bank’s 65,000 employees across the nation. Fairs will take place throughout the year.
In addition, U.S. Bank will work closely with the Red Cross throughout the year to provide opportunities for employees to donate blood and volunteer time to the charity.
“This exciting new partnership extends U.S. Bank support of American Red Cross disaster relief efforts to new levels,” said Richard Davis, chairman, president and chief executive officer of U.S. Bancorp, the parent company of U.S. Bank. “Over the years, U.S. Bank has supported the Red Cross through disaster relief grants. Our new commitment of $250,000 annually along with our ATM initiative will ensure that our customers and employees can more readily support the cities and towns affected by disasters.”“The Red Cross is thrilled to be expanding our partnership with U.S. Bank,” said Neal Litvack, chief development officer for the American Red Cross. “The generosity of U.S. Bank and its employees and customers will help the Red Cross provide immediate, essential assistance to disaster victims, and so many others who depend on the Red Cross for help.” About American Red CrossThe American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit www.redcross.org or join our blog at http://blog.redcross.org. To access stories about American Red Cross, visit Stories: http://www.redcross.org/stories/. For more information about Red Cross's Disaster Relief services: http://www.redcross.org/what-we-do/disaster-relief. About U.S. BankMinneapolis-based U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB), with $354 billion in assets as of December 31, 2012, is the parent company of U.S. Bank, the 5th largest commercial bank in the United States. The Company operates 3,084 banking offices in 25 states and 5,065 ATMs and provides a comprehensive line of banking, brokerage, insurance, investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions. Visit U.S. Bancorp on the web at http://www.usbank.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV