NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - It's been nearly a full year since Samsung introduced its last Galaxy smartphone, having sold more than 40 million of the Galaxy S III in that time. It looks like Samsung is imminently about to announce its successor.
The South Korean-Samsung has invited members of the press to gather on March 14th in Manhattan, to see what's next in line for their Galaxy S smartphone series. For this gala evening event, Samsung has chosen a venue that can hold thousands.
So far we've been told very little about exactly what they'll be talking about at the Samsung Unpacked event - but all signs point to the Galaxy S IV - or at least that's what we think the name will be. The "S3" is currently still being sold worldwide - but we've noticed fewer and fewer commercials for it online or on TV in the past few weeks.
We don't know exactly what will be announced, but we're pretty sure that whatever new device is introduced it will
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV