Aspen Institute's Center For Native American Youth & Senator Byron Dorgan Honor Five Inspirational Native American Youth
WASHINGTON, March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today the Center for Native American Youth will celebrate its 2nd year anniversary with a number of tribal leaders, members of Congress, and other important dignitaries. In part the reception today and a roundtable conversation tomorrow will celebrate and honor inspirational young Native Americans. The Center's Champions for Change program, inspired by a White House initiative, was created to promote hope in Indian Country by shinning a spotlight on positive, inspirational stories from young American Indians. In 2013, the Center named five Champions for this annual initiative, who will also serve on a youth advisory board.
Center for Native American Youth
2nd Annual Reception –
March 4 (5:00 –
- Welcome by President of the National Congress of American Indians Jefferson Keel and introduction by W.K. Kellogg Foundation Program Officer Alice Warner-Mehlhorn , Ph.D.
- Remarks by Center Chairman & Founder, US Senator Byron Dorgan (ret.)
- 2012 Program Highlights by Center's Director Erin Bailey and Program Associate Josie Raphaelito.
- Champions for Change Introduction & Medal Presentation by Senator Byron Dorgan and Nike North America and Nike's N7 Programs General Manager Sam McCracken
- Comments from Executive Vice President of Policy and Public Programs at the Aspen Institute Elliot Gerson
- Closing remarks from Center's Youth Board Member Megan Gregory
Where: L'Enfant Plaza Hotel; Monet Rooms 3 & 4
Enfant Plaza, SW;
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV