Holes: An In-depth Analysis
Holes in judgment: Fortunately for some people, insurance can cover stupidity. Did you leave your keys in your car and it was stolen? Comprehensive auto insurance covers the theft.
Some holes in judgment lead to insurance gray areas. Take the Massachusetts man who tried to melt ice off his porch with a blowtorch and ended up setting his home on fire. If his act is deemed negligent or intentional, his claim would be denied.
Golf holes: If you scored a hole-in-one while playing golf, you'd probably do some fist pumping. And you'd jump for joy if it wins you a substantial prize, perhaps $1 million. In many cases, organizers of “hole-in-one” contests insure against someone actually winning by buying hole-in-one insurance. It helps cover the cost if the prize is paid out. Although it's called “hole-in-one” insurance, it can also be purchased to cover sporting contests, sweepstakes, gaming jackpots, fishing tournaments and car dealership and radio promotions.
Black holes: While scientists agree that it is unlikely that Earth will be sucked into a giant black hole, the even better news is that you'll have plenty of time to buy home insurance if you see it coming. A standard HO-3 home insurance policy covers everything except the perils it excludes, and there's no exclusion for black holes.Donut holes: Arguably the most dangerous of all holes, because consuming too many of these empty calories will cause you to pack on the pounds. And that will force you to pay substantially higher life insurance rates. In fact, obesity is one of the top 5 most expensive medical conditions for life insurance shoppers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV