Today Assurance Wireless, a Lifeline Assistance program supported by the federal Universal Service Fund, launches service in the San Francisco metro area to begin providing its wireless phone services in California.
Assurance Wireless provides a free wireless phone and service which includes 250 voice minutes and 250 text messages each month to eligible residents. More than 170,000 2 San Francisco metro area residents are without a job, and more than 27 percent are living below the federal poverty line 3. Assurance Wireless gives eligible customers the ability to provide a contact number and to return calls to prospective employers, which can help improve the chances of securing employment.
Applying for Assurance Wireless in California is easy:
- First, interested residents must request a phone from Assurance Wireless. They can call (toll free) 800-395-2171 or visit assurancewireless.com to obtain a Service Request Form.
- Once that form has been submitted with the necessary paperwork and approved, applicants will receive a free Assurance Wireless phone [usually within 7-10 days]. The phone comes with 250 free voice minutes and 250 free text messages available for 30 days while they wait for federal Lifeline Assistance approval. If applicants find they need more, the regular rate is 10 cents per voice minute or text (sent or received).
- After customers activate their phone, they will receive an official Application Form for the federal Lifeline Assistance program from the state of California. They will need to return that form within 45 days along with proof of eligibility for the federal Lifeline program.
“Assurance Wireless is delighted to begin offering services in San Francisco,” said Grace Boehm, director of strategy and business planning, Assurance Wireless. “We are proud to help more and more customers stay connected to potential employers and services as well as their medical and childcare providers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV