- First, interested residents must request a phone from Assurance Wireless. They can call (toll free) 800-395-2171 or visit assurancewireless.com to obtain a Service Request Form.
- Once that form has been submitted with the necessary paperwork and approved, applicants will receive a free Assurance Wireless phone [usually within 7-10 days]. The phone comes with 250 free voice minutes and 250 free text messages available for 30 days while they wait for federal Lifeline Assistance approval. If applicants find they need more, the regular rate is 10 cents per voice minute or text (sent or received).
- After customers activate their phone, they will receive an official Application Form for the federal Lifeline Assistance program from the state of California. They will need to return that form within 45 days along with proof of eligibility for the federal Lifeline program.
Assurance Wireless Launches Service To Provide Cell Phones And Wireless Service To San Francisco Residents Facing Economic Hardship
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts