Tanger pays a current dividend yield of 2.37% and has managed to pay and increase dividends for 19 years in a row. Clearly, Tanger has a talent for innovation and more importantly the company has a track record for rewarding shareholders -- 22.79% year-over-year total return.
Plato said, "Necessity is the mother of invention." For REITs, that necessity is the forced dividends that provide investors with the most consistent and durable forms of income. Conversely, REIT investors today are demanding high-quality income and the best REITs will provide the most enduring differentiation. That sums it up in a word: Innovation.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV