Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE: DPS) today announced that it has reached an agreement with Mondeléz International, Inc. to reacquire the distribution rights for Snapple and several other non-carbonated beverage brands in parts of Asia-Pacific.
The company will have the rights to distribute Snapple in Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea. In Australia, the company also will have distribution rights for Mott’s, Mr & Mrs T, Clamato, Mistic, Holland House and Yoo-hoo.
“This agreement enables us to explore opportunities for expanding the presence of Snapple and other non-carbonated brands in an important region of the world,” said Jim Johnston, president – Beverage Concentrates and Latin America Beverages. “Obtaining the distribution rights to Snapple and other brands in Asia-Pacific gives us a foothold in a growing market that we can tap for future development over time.”
Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. The company said it does not anticipate that the acquisition will have any material effect on its 2013 financial results.About Dr Pepper Snapple Group Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE: DPS) is a leading producer of flavored beverages in North America and the Caribbean. Our success is fueled by more than 50 brands that are synonymous with refreshment, fun and flavor. We have 6 of the top 10 non-cola soft drinks, and 13 of our 14 leading brands are No. 1 or No. 2 in their flavor categories. In addition to our flagship Dr Pepper and Snapple brands, our portfolio includes 7UP, A&W, Canada Dry, Clamato, Crush, Hawaiian Punch, Mott's, Mr & Mrs T mixers, Peñafiel, Rose's, Schweppes, Squirt and Sunkist soda. To learn more about our iconic brands and Plano, Texas-based company, please visit www.DrPepperSnapple.com. For our latest news and updates, follow us at www.Facebook.com/DrPepperSnapple or www.Twitter.com/DrPepperSnapple.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV