Young Students With A Passion For Animals Experience Life As A Vet At Explo Vet Summer Program
NORWOOD, Mass., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Claire just started her own dog rescue program, and is already planning out how she'll design her vet clinic and rescue shelter. Eliana has dreamt of becoming a veterinarian since the age of two, and knows she wants to work with sick and injured animals that require extra love, attention, and care.
"It's a really fun program, all the kids are really nice, and I really love all the trips we get to go on," Claire says. "We went to the Animal Rescue League of Boston, where I got to ask a ton of questions about how to set up a rescue organization, how to get foster families, and how to advertise. They gave me a lot of awesome answers — they have 190 foster families, and I'm really jealous! But I loved touring their shelter. And then we went to NEADS, where they train assistant dogs for military veterans, and that was really interesting!"
Explo Vet gives each student the tools they need to make their dreams happen, along with a whole new respect and understanding for the field of veterinary medicine and its practitioners. Students don't simply gain an introduction to the field of veterinary science at Explo Vet, they get the chance to work side by side with some of the most acclaimed domestic and exotic animal vets in Boston.
From Day One, students will conduct snout-to-tail assessments on dogs and cats, learn how to measure vital signs, and diagnose diseases. They'll conduct ultrasounds on animals, figure out how to accurately read X-rays, and discover what it takes to treat the most wild and dangerous animals among us (at the zoo, tranquilizer darts and lassos are essential). And through a course in Pet CPR, they'll learn how to read the signs of distress and save an animal's life.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV