Nation's Healthcare & Public Health Critical Infrastructure Leads Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Resilience
KENNEDY SPACE CENTER, Fla., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The nation's Healthcare and Public Health Critical Infrastructure has advanced cybersecurity resilience by uniting health sector owners and operators with other national critical infrastructures and government to implement the National Healthcare and Public Health (HPH) Cybersecurity Response System.
The nation's HPH critical infrastructure includes physical and virtual assets, systems, networks, devices and the data that resides within them, which if damaged, would result in debilitating or catastrophic impacts on the nation's and economic security, health and safety, our environment, and way of life.
90% of national critical infrastructures (CI) are owned and operated by the private sector. CI owners and operators and their sector-specific recognized Information Sharing & Analysis Center (ISAC), the operational and tactical arm, have a national leadership and "defining voice" responsibility to enable national CI security resilience in collaboration with government.
Led by the health sector, and implemented by the nation's recognized National Health ISAC (NH-ISAC), in collaboration with the National Council of ISACs representing all national critical infrastructures, the Health Sector Coordinating Council, government (HHS, DHS, NIST and state, local, tribal, territorial governments), and security experts, nationwide health care and public health cybersecurity resilience is enabled by:The National HPH Cybersecurity Response System (HPH-CRS)
- Cybersecurity prevention, protection, mitigation, response and recovery coordinated within the health sector, across other critical infrastructures, aligned to government emergency operations.
- 24/7 physical/cyber (all-hazards) security situational awareness intelligence, sector and cross-sector analysis, information sharing, countermeasure solutions, incident response, leading practice and workforce education in coordination with National Council of ISACs, DHS, HHS, NIST, and the nation's health sector.
- Supported by NH-ISAC, Global Institute for Cybersecurity + Research, Global Situational Awareness Center, NASA/ Kennedy Space Center.
- NH-ISAC, as all 16 national ISACs, are non-profit organizations, private sector-led, and recognized by their respective critical infrastructure, Coordinating Council, Federal Agency and the US Department of Homeland Security.
- Annually trained and certified - How to respond within a health organization, the health sector, across critical infrastructures and with government.
- Leveraging the NIST National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Framework as the foundational baseline, role-based cybersecurity functions, responsibilities, tasks, competencies and job descriptions, supported by training and certification.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts