Additionally, the widespread adoption of mobile devices by physicians and clinicians for use in patient care delivery creates new data management and security challenges. Nearly 61 percent of those surveyed cited a concern about managing, protecting and securing unstructured protected health information (PHI), such as emails, stored on laptops, tablets and smartphones within healthcare environments.
Survey respondents also were asked whether their organizations had implemented an eDiscovery or enterprise search solution to support regulatory compliance around HIPAA or Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards. However, only 26 percent of those polled reported having a solution in place, which reveals a compliance risk exposure. Strategic data archives with enterprise-wide search can empower healthcare IT teams to ease the burden of data discovery and preservation, while reducing compliance risk and data storage costs.
CommVault's new Simpana® 10 software provides healthcare organizations with an exponential leap forward in protection, access and analysis of vital patient data, business information and electronic medical records. With Simpana 10, CommVault continues to deliver the industry's leading data protection with archive, reporting, eDiscovery and search capabilities within a unified platform. By delivering new automation, scale and self-service access, Simpana 10 is an essential component to modernize healthcare data management strategies as it helps healthcare organizations to improve operational efficiency, support new initiatives such as mobile clinical computing and information governance, plan for disaster recovery, and minimize storage costs – all within the context of ensuring regulatory compliance.
With Simpana 10 software, healthcare professionals can rapidly search and retrieve PACS images and electronic records housed in the ContentStore, even if the data originated from multiple PACS platforms. A centralized archive supports both Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) and non-DICOM data, to improve efficiency and control data management costs for healthcare providers.CommVault will highlight its latest healthcare innovations at HIMSS13 and will demonstrate how Simpana software alleviates the obstacles inherent in addressing and managing the current explosion in clinical and operational data growth. Supporting Quotes
- Jay Savaiano, director of business development, healthcare, CommVault: "The HIMSS Media survey reinforces an underlying theme—healthcare organizations want to simplify their IT systems and environments to meet compliance demands and ensure the highest levels of patient care delivery. With CommVault Simpana 10 software, healthcare IT teams can not only protect and manage EMR, PACS and other healthcare information more efficiently and securely at scale, but also support clinical and nonclinical applications in one common, modern architecture to reduce administrative and operational costs."
- Rick Haverty, director of infrastructure, University of Rochester Medical Center: "With CommVault Simpana software, we can fully protect 42 applications that are essential to patient care, along with hundreds of other applications that are equally important to operations. At HIMSS 13, we will describe how CommVault's unified data management solution accelerates critical backups of large amounts of data, while ensuring rapid recovery and retention of vital patient files and electronic health records as dictated by hospital policies, the National Institute of Health, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizers."
- More on CommVault Simpana software 10
- More on HIMSS survey white paper
- More on HIMSS – CommVault Blog
- More on CommVault's healthcare solutions
- More on CommVault's HIMSS 13 participation
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube