NATICK, Mass., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) is scheduled to present sponsored research at the 62nd Annual Scientific Session of the American College of Cardiology which takes place March 9-11 in San Francisco, California. The clinical presentations will provide new insights on Boston Scientific research in cardiovascular disease, including aortic valve disease and atrial fibrillation.
Schedule of EventsAll programs are Pacific Standard Time with events held at the Moscone Center.
Saturday, March 9
- PREVAIL Late Breaking Clinical Trial Results: David R. Holmes Jr., M.D., Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn., will present the acute procedural safety results of the PREVAIL clinical trial that evaluates the WATCHMAN® left atrial appendage closure device in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation versus long-term warfarin therapy. PREVAIL is a confirmatory trial on the safety and efficacy of the WATCHMAN device. Results will be presented at 9:10 a.m. in South, Esplanade Ballroom.
- PLATINUM Vessel Straightening Analysis: Jeffrey J. Popma, M.D., Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass., will present the results of the PLATINUM vessel straightening analysis, designed to evaluate the impact of stent design on native vessel distortion following coronary artery stenting in severely angulated lesions. Results will be presented at 10:00 a.m. in the Poster Session area, Expo North.
Sunday, March 10
- PLATINUM Three-Year Clinical Trial Results: Ian T. Meredith, M.B.B.S., Ph.D. MonashHeart, Southern Health, Monash Medical Center, Clayton, Victoria, Australia, will present the three-year data of the PLATINUM Workhorse clinical trial. Two year follow-up of this trial confirmed the safety and efficacy of the platinum chromium PROMUS Element™ Plus Stent System, which uses the combination of the market-leading everolimus drug and fluorinated copolymer. Results will be presented at 8:15 a.m. in West, Room 2001.
- REPRISE I Feasibility Study: Ian T. Meredith, M.B.B.S., Ph.D. MonashHeart, Southern Health, Monash Medical Center, Clayton, Victoria, Australia, will present six-month study results of the differentiated second generation Lotus Aortic Valve Replacement System. REPRISE I was designed as a feasibility study with a primary endpoint of clinical procedural success. Results will be presented at 9:15 a.m. in West, Room 2009.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts