Following the earnings report, Piper Jaffray analyst Troy Jensen called the results "respectable," and noted that the 3-D printing space is likely to see strong growth in the future. "Q4 results were respectable and we believe the revenue growth and big backlog increase speak to the strong demand this space is experiencing," Jensen wrote in his note. He also said that while operating expenses were above expectations he believes that is largely related to the merger and expects expenses to decline over time. Jensen rates shares "overweight" with a $94 price target.
Shares of Stratasys rose in Monday trading, up 6.61% to $68.51.
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York>Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV