CAMBRIDGE, Mass., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Zipcar, Inc. (Nasdaq: ZIP), the world's leading car sharing network, today announced that Brian Harrington has joined its management team as executive vice president/chief marketing officer to lead the company's global marketing efforts. Based in Zipcar's Cambridge, Mass. office, Harrington will be responsible for overseeing Zipcar's marketing organization, including member acquisition, global brand building, social media, public relations and delivering new innovative products and services to further enhance the Zipcar member experience. He will report directly to Scott Griffith, Zipcar chairman and CEO.
"I'm thrilled to welcome Brian as our new Chief Marketing Officer," said Griffith. "His deep experience will be a huge asset to Zipcar and his role is key as we expand our offerings and build a global mobility network. Brian has a bold vision for the future of the brand and we're excited to have him join the Zipcar leadership team."Prior to joining the team at Zipcar, Harrington had his own consultancy called Little Harbor Group and held leadership roles at Boathouse, a brand communications agency, and I'm in!, a leisure travel website which he co-founded. He was a member of the founding executive teams of Upromise and Connection to eBay, and held senior roles in sales and marketing at EF Education. Earlier in his career he worked in global marketing for Sheraton Hotels and for Hill, Holliday Advertising. "I am very excited to work with such a talented, motivated and innovative team here at Zipcar to further expand our market reach and deliver value-enhancing member programs. The Zipcar brand helps define and enable urban mobility, and I look forward to growing our member base and enhancing our service offerings in 2013 and beyond," said Harrington.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV