NEW ORLEANS and SAN DIEGO, March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) today announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Life, Inc., is joining forces with WebMD, the leading source of health information, to bring in a new era of next generation health care and enable millions of health-conscious consumers to access and manage wireless health data from a wide array of fitness, wellness and medical devices. The announcement was made at the HIMSS 2013 conference being held at the Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.
"We are delighted to be working with WebMD, the leading multi-screen source of health information for consumers and physicians," said Rick Valencia, vice president and general manager, Qualcomm Life. "Our industry leading 2net ™ Platform will be integrated with various WebMD offerings to provide consumers and physicians with an industry-defining connected health experience."
Qualcomm Life and WebMD are making biometric data available, actionable and relevant to consumers so they can more proactively manage their health and fitness. This technology collaboration will establish an open ecosystem of digital health apps and third-party devices across various disease categories and lifestyle interests where consumers and physicians can select solutions that suit their preferences and healthcare needs.
Qualcomm Life Launches 2net Ecosystem Initiatives
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV