Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, will be showcasing its latest healthcare mobility solutions in Booth #6013 during HIMSS 13, March 3-7, 2013 at The Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.
Traditionally, patient care in a hospital begins and ends with one thing – access to the chart. While this system continues to provide value, its drawbacks are significant. Nothing can happen downstream in the flow of patient data without the chart being physically present. Updating the most current information is controlled by whoever currently has the chart. For the medical staff, the process works because their focus is patient care. For an IT professional, the process is viewed as highly inefficient and filled with the potential for human error. Deploying a suite of mobile technology solutions can help transform these procedures and deliver real-time data directly to the point of care.
- The MC40 HC provides a mobility experience that meets the critical needs of medical staff, while broadening their access to real-time updates to patient data. With this sleek device in hand, nurses can scan a bar code on a wrist band to access patient records, check medication, update vital information and even call others in the hospital for help without ever leaving the patient’s bedside. Plus, the MC40 HC is outfitted in a polycarbonate, disinfectant-ready material specifically designed to provide each unit with a housing that can meet chemical sanitization protocols and withstand other physical stresses unique to a healthcare environment and the nurses’ workflow.
- The SB1 smart badge is part of a new category of mobile devices ready for use out-of-the-box by clinical and non-clinical staff alike. This smart, wearable device gives associates access to personalized task lists, the ability to scan a barcode, and connect via push-to-talk (PTT) with other workers carrying practically any other PTT-enabled mobile device already deployed in the hospital. The result is a powerful, always-connected workforce that can access the people and information they need to maximize productivity and improve patient care.
- Creating a secure IT environment for healthcare mobility using Motorola’s WiNG 5 Wireless LAN, Secure Access, and AirDefense Services Platform that address the unique challenges in healthcare to be always on, always secure, scalable and reliable. Motorola has a rich history of delivering mission-critical environments, and this infrastructure portfolio provides IT administrators the tools they need to plan, deploy and manage the network while proactively detecting and mitigating rogue devices. Motorola’s Secure Access addresses two provisioning challenges for healthcare IT today: secured guest access and bring your own device (BYOD) to support zero-touch on-boarding of the widest range of consumer smartphones.
- Connecting the mobile, clinical workforce with nurse call demonstrations using Enterprise Voice Solutions with devices including the Enterprise Voice-over WLAN Smartphone and MOTOTRBO™ product families. HIPAA-ready Voice-over WLAN devices communicate seamlessly with two-way radios and even personal smartphones to create a collaborative environment for clinical workers to share patient data in a secure manner.
- Providing healthcare workers access to real-time patient data in their moments that matter through enterprise-ready devices such as the MC75A0-HC mobile computers, DS6878-HC cordless bar code scanner and DS4208-HC corded bar code scanner to complement the Workstations on Wheels (WOW).
- Providing medical device manufacturers with embedded technologies like wireless cards, bar code scan engines, and mobile bar code scanning devices to help them get to market faster in partnership with a leading technology company like Motorola.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts