SAN JOSE, Calif., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) today announced solutions for significant and growing gaps in ASIC and ASSP offerings targeting next-generation smarter networks and data centers. In order to fill these gaps, Xilinx has been acquiring and developing a SmartCORE™ IP portfolio and a critical mass of application specialists and services that leverage Xilinx's All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, and 3D ICs. These solutions target customers who need to rapidly create, differentiate, and evolve intelligent, fabric-centric data centers and software defined networks (SDN), 'many-band' self-organizing networks (SON) for LTE and LTE Advanced wireless HetNets, and 400G and Nx100G OTN solutions with high availability, low latency, low jitter, and high Quality of Service (QoS) requirements.
"ASICs and ASSPs in applications like OTN have been disappearing at a surprisingly rapid pace due to the escalating cost of design, wide variance in device requirements, and the need for much greater levels of intelligence and adaptability," said Krishna Rangasayee, senior vice president and general manager of the Xilinx Communication Business Unit. "We see these same pervasive trends spreading throughout next-generation wired and wireless networks and data centers. We also hear from our leading customers that the option for 'me too' equipment design has vanished."Addressing the Growing Gaps with ASICs and ASSPs Many ASIC and ASSP vendors are:
- Challenged to meet the combined requirements for intelligence, flexibility, and adaptability in next-generation systems.
- Struggling with fragmented and rapidly changing networking and data center standards and application demands.
- Incapable of enabling customers to effectively add differentiation through their own 'secret sauce.'
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV