DETROIT, March 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nano Labs Corp. (OTCQB:CTLE) is pleased to present industry with promising biological diagnostics test results obtained at macro-level, on a miniaturized tuberculosis biosensor platform.
The Company successfully developed a Point-of-Care biosensor at macro-level and presents industry with proposals for miniaturization and commercialization at large scale. The joint venture proposal is for the development of miniaturized Point-of-Care (PoC) and Lab-on-Chip (LoC) biosensors.
The Company reports that four innovative solutions are proposed with the main objective to create a simple, low-cost, high-sensitivity, rapid diagnostic platform capable of being used in remote locations for PoC and LoC monitoring of critical infectious diseases, including tuberculosis (TB).The Company's aim is to establish a commercial PoC and LoC biosensors using modern techniques by either applying common Micro-Electro-Mechanical-Systems (MEMS) batch processes, or by using simpler and more modular methods such as soft lithography or laser ablation. According to the Company report, four (4) possible innovative solutions combining biomarker-based diagnostics procedures with micro-technology have been identified:
1. Quantum-Dots Microchannels (QDμC) 2. Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) Spectroscopy & Plasmonic Enzyme-Linked Immuno Sorbent Assay (Plasmonic ELISA) 3. Micro Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (μEIS) 4. Surface Acoustic Wave Micro-Electro-Mechanical-System (SAW-MEMS)."It is important to note that innovative, comprehensive strategies for obtaining a functional prototype will need to be carefully addressed for all projects, at any development stage," adds Dr. Victor Castano, Chief Research and Innovation Officer at Nano Labs. "This includes packaging, interconnect with outside world, and modular integration on circuits or with some sort of display." The Company is in discussions with industry leaders to assess product development strategies and additional research required over the next twelve months to advance the commercialization of the product. "We are looking at partnerships that bring the experience, dedication and the vision to address critical world health issues, like tuberculosis," stated Mr. Bernardo Chavarria, President of Nano Labs. "We expect that new research areas and biosensor solutions will emerge from this project and therefore present a much larger scope of practical applications that need to be further investigated. This technology has enormous potential and will bring exciting new opportunities to our company."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV