Of the 56 percent surveyed who said they would consider car sharing, 27 percent would be most attracted by reduced travel costs, 26 percent by convenience of location and operating hours, 23 percent by a straightforward booking system and 22 percent by a reduced impact on the environment.
DB Rent has developed a Web-based booking system along with iOS and Android smartphone apps for private and commercial customers participating in the Ford car sharing program.
FORD2GO will be rolled out throughout the coming year. Ford's German trade network includes 527 Ford dealers, 257 affiliated branches and 1,083 Ford-authorized repair shops – any and all of which would be able to take part in the program.
* Survey carried out by The Futures Company, between July and August 2012. 6,028 people were questioned across six European countries; Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and U.K.About Ford Motor Company Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 171,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com. SOURCE Ford Motor Company
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts