Statement By The Honourable James Moore, Minister Of Canadian Heritage And Official Languages, On The Occasion Of The Canadian Screen Awards
OTTAWA, March 3, 2013 /CNW/ - I was honoured to participate this evening in the inaugural Canadian Screen Awards Gala. These prestigious awards provide an opportunity to acknowledge excellence in Canadian film, television, and digital media production.
Our Government recognizes that the audiovisual industry is an important driver of job creation and economic development in Canada. That is why we are proud to support this sector through annual investments of more than $600 million. In 2011-12, Canada's film and television production industry generated more than $7.6 billion in economic benefits; film and television production volume reached $5.9 billion; and the industry provided about 132,500 direct and indirect jobs across Canada.
On behalf of Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the Government of Canada, I would like to thank the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television, the organizer and host of the 2013 Canadian Screen Awards Gala. I would also like to congratulate this year's finalists and winners. Canadians can be extremely proud of our artists and creators who continue to inspire excellence in Canada and abroad.
SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV