Catholic Charities USA Recognizes Former CEO Of New Orleans Catholic Charities With Lifetime Achievement Award
ALEXANDRIA, Va., March 3, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Catholic Charities USA presented Gordon Wadge, Executive Director of the YMCA of Greater New Orleans, with a Lifetime Achievement Award Saturday in recognition of decades of service to the Catholic Charities movement.
"Gordon's commitment to collaboration and his passion for helping others serves as an example for all of us working on behalf of the least among us," said Rev. Larry Snyder, President of Catholic Charities USA. "His calm and steady presence throughout his leadership, particularly in disaster response, truly personifies what it means to be a servant leader."
Wadge, the former President of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New Orleans, led that agency during such natural disasters as Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, and Gustav. His leadership after the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico resulted in Catholic Charities of New Orleans being awarded a $15 million grant to coordinate the delivery of mental health counseling, job training, and other services to Louisianans affected by the spill.
The Catholic Charities USA Lifetime Achievement Award is given to leaders within the Church and Catholic Charities movement who have shown extraordinary leadership and dedication in advocating on behalf of those in need.About Catholic Charities USA Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA) is the national office for Catholic Charities agencies nationwide. Catholic Charities USA's members provide help and create hope for more than 10 million people a year regardless of religious, social, or economic backgrounds. To learn more about CCUSA, please visit www.catholiccharitiesusa.org SOURCE Catholic Charities USA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV