Again, while there can be numerous reasons for an exercise and sale of stock well ahead of expiration (see above), we should ask ourselves, why would this executive exercise an option more than five years before the option expired? Why wouldn't the insider wait, especially if he had confidence in Grand Canyon's franchise and future revenue and profit growth? Isn't the exercise a vote of no confidence in the company's future?
Inquiring minds want to know!
At the time of publication, Kass was short LOPE.
Reinstating Goldman Short
Originally published on Thursday, Feb. 28 at 10:12 a.m. EST.
- UBS sees headwinds.
Why I Sold Facebook
Originally published on Wednesday, Feb. 27 at 10:26 a.m. EST.
- BTIG's downgrade made some salient points.
- 2013 sales and profits will miss consensus, as desktop ad revenue peaks and mobile growth is not rapid enough.
- 2014 looks worse, and below-consensus results are expected.
- Valuation, at 17 times 2014 EBITDA and 45 times free cash flow, is full and vulnerable to misses to consensus.
- an article in The Wall Street Journal that suggests Twitter is monetizing better than Facebook; and
- the buy on rebalance today is less than previously thought.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV