Crown Takes On Alien Abduction And Employment Data, Asking, "Where Have The Workers Gone?"
Offers new paradigm for building the workforce
ATLANTA, March 3, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- "Conspiracy theorists might wonder if at last we have evidence of alien abduction, mass migration, or worm holes to parallel universes given the millions missing from the labor statistics," observed Crown Financial Ministries CEO Chuck Bentley, in a national opinion piece that looks at the crisis of growing unemployment, including some answers for those lost in translation.
"It should be a bigger story," said Bentley, noting that more than 89 million people are missing from the labor force, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Some of those people are retired, students, or stay-at-home moms who chose not to enter the ranks of the employed, but included in that number are discouraged workers, a mysterious subset of the population almost undetectable to the statistician's eye.
While they don't show up in the unemployment rate of almost 8 percent, there are places were the missing workers can be found. The food stamp rolls are up to 47 million people, adding an average of 11,269 a day. More than 8 million have been placed on disability, going from one on disability per 65 workers in 1967 to one on disability per 16 workers in 2012. Unemployment insurance has been stretched thin, with more than 6 million jobless Americans having exhausted their benefits since 2007.
"It is time for a new recovery model that involves more private sector and less government," said Bentley. "We need to rebuild and reenergize the private enterprises that make a great nation, targeted at the community level where real job growth occurs, and where real help for the hurting is given."Such a plan must include better integration of frontline charitable organizations and the church, the best place to combine assistance with accountability
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV