8. Washington Banking Co.
Shares of Washington Banking Co. (WBCO) of Oak Harbor, Wash., closed at 13.74 Thursday, returning 2% year-to-date, following a 19% return during 2012. The shares trade for 1.2 times tangible book value and for 12.0 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of $1.15. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $1.13.
Based on a quarterly payout of $0.15, the shares have a dividend yield of 4.37%.
Washington Banking Co. is rated an A-minus (Excellent) by TheStreet Ratings.
The company had $1.7 billion in total assets as of Dec. 31 and reported 2012 net income available to common shareholders of $16.8 million, or $1.09 a share, increasing from $14.9 million, or $0.97 a share, in 2011. The 2012 ROA was 1.00%, improving from 0.95% the previous year.KBW analyst Jacquelynne Chimera rates Washington Banking Co. "outperform," with a $17 price target, estimating the company will earn $1.10 a share this year, with EPS increasing to $1.15 in 2014. Chimera said in a report on Feb. 1 that she expected "continued loan growth and expense management to help combat
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV