News Summary: Copper Drops On China Outlook
By The Associated Press
COPPER LOW: Copper fell to its lowest in more than three months. Concerns about slowing manufacturing growth in China weighed on the price of the metal. A report confirming the ongoing stagnation in European manufacturing also helped push copper lower.
DOLLAR EFFECT: The strength of the dollar is pushing down the prices of other metals such as gold, silver, palladium and platinum.
STABLE WEEK: The price of wheat stabilized this week. The grain has slumped this year on speculation that winter storms will bring moisture to the Plains region, boosting this year's crop.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV