LOS ANGELES, March 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sport Chalet, Inc. today issued the following statement in response to an explosion just before 10 a.m. this morning outside its store in La Canada Flintridge:
Our heartfelt thoughts and support are with our two employees who were hospitalized this morning following an explosion outside of our La Canada Flintridge store. The cause of the incident is being investigated by local agencies. This is the first time in the company's 54-year history that such a tragic event has occurred.
About Sport Chalet, Inc.Sport Chalet, founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, is a leading, full service specialty retailer with 54 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; Sport Chalet online at www.sportchalet.com ; and a Team Sales Division. The Company offers over 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. The Sport Chalet, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=10020 For media inquiries, please contact Roger Pondel, George Medici or Evan Pondel at PondelWilkinson at (310) 279-5980.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV