FREEHOLD, N.J., March 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UMH Properties, Inc. (NYSE: UMH) announced that it closed on the acquisition of 10 manufactured home communities for $67,500,000. These 10 all-age communities contain a total of 1,854 developed home sites that are situated on approximately 400 total acres. This 10 community portfolio consists of five communities located in Indiana, four communities located in Pennsylvania, and one community located in Michigan. The average occupancy for these communities is approximately 85%. With this closing, UMH owns sixty-seven communities consisting of approximately 12,500 developed home sites.
Samuel A. Landy, President, stated, "With this acquisition, UMH has increased its portfolio by approximately 18%. These communities are an excellent fit with our existing portfolio. We believe that all of these communities will benefit from our sales and rental programs. Additionally, we have a strong acquisition pipeline in place and expect continued growth throughout the remainder of 2013."
UMH Properties, Inc., a publicly-owned Real Estate Investment Trust, owns and operates sixty-seven manufactured home communities with approximately 12,500 developed home sites located in New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Indiana, and Michigan. In addition, the Company owns a portfolio of REIT securities.
SOURCE UMH Properties, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV