Annie's, Inc. (NYSE: BNNY), a leading natural and organic food company, today announced Lawrence (Larry) Peiros has been appointed to its Board of Directors effective immediately. David Behnke, a Managing Director at Najeti Ventures, resigned from the Board to pursue other interests. Mr. Peiros was appointed to the Board to fill the vacancy. The Company also announced that the Board of Directors will recommend that stockholders vote to declassify the Board at the next annual meeting.
“We are pleased to have Larry join the Board of Directors,” John Foraker, CEO of Annie’s, said. “His broad consumer product experience and business judgment will be valuable to the Annie’s board as we grow our business. I also want to thank David Behnke for his support and service as an investor and board member.”
Mr. Peiros has more than 30 years of operating and marketing experience in the consumer packaged goods industry with Clorox Company, which he joined in 1981. He currently is a member of Clorox’s Executive Committee and serves as its Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Peiros has previously announced that he will retire from Clorox effective April 1, 2013. As the COO, Mr. Peiros oversees Clorox’s global business, including the Burt’s Bees and Green Works brands, and leads the company’s marketing, sales, product supply and research and development functions, as well as its environmental efforts. Previously, he was the company's Chief Operating Officer of Clorox North America, responsible for U.S. and Canadian businesses accounting for more than 80% of the company’s sales. Mr. Peiros serves as a Director of Potlatch Corporation, a timberland real estate investment trust, and Ross Stores, operator of the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States. He holds a bachelor's degree from Dartmouth College and a master's degree in business administration from Stanford University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV