MIAMI BEACH, Fla., March 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AMBI® Skincare is pleased to announce the annual AMBI Research Award with The Skin of Color Society, a grant of $15,000 to promote dermatology research within the field of skin of color. By providing essential funding to this program, AMBI and the Skin of Color Society are helping to shape the future of tomorrow's clinical leaders in dermatology, expressly in this specialized field.
The grant addresses the issues specific to skin of color where further clinical and basic research is needed. The grant will assist a young dermatologist, a resident or within five years of graduation, in furthering his or her academic career. Requirements include a strong commitment to research with a focus that can include hyperpigmentation, anti-aging, scarring/stretch-marks, photo-protection, skin dryness or acne. Financial need will be taken into consideration as well.
This annual award is made possible by a generous grant from Valeant Pharmaceuticals, makers of AMBI Skincare Products, in the amount of $15,000. "AMBI is dedicated to delivering scientifically proven solutions that address unique skincare needs, recognizing and celebrating the strength and beauty of women of color," said Alissa Hsu Lynch of Valeant Pharmaceuticals. "This grant takes our mission a step further and supports the dermatologists in this field of inquiry."
Valerie Callender, President of the Skin of Color Society and Board Certified Dermatologist, is known for her expertise in hyperpigmentation. "AMBI's longstanding commitment to the organization and to dermatological issues primarily affecting skin of color is reflected in this generous donation," said Dr. Callender. "The program fills a void in the industry where further study in these specialized topics is crucial. We are proud to partner with a brand that is devoted to these issues and appreciate the support they've pledged."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV