Jessica Myers Of Vestal, NY Battles For The Crown Of "World's Best Bartender"
VESTAL, N.Y., March 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vestal's own Jessica Myers will be among the ten elite finalists vying for the title of "World's Best Bartender" at TGI Fridays annual World Bartender Championship (WBC) being held at the House of Blues in Dallas, Texas, on March 6 th. Vestal bartender Jessica Myers took top honors at the TGI Fridays North divisional finals and will now showcase her bottle-wielding and recipe crafting skills for a panel of judges who will crown the champion based on knowledge of the bar, flavor of the drinks and 'flairtending' skills.
The WBC started as a one-off challenge between two bartenders, and is now widely recognized as the toughest international bartending competition. Today, the WBC welcomes more than 8,000 bartenders around the world. Jessica Myers, who has competed and made it to the divisionals four years running, is the only female contestant in the final round.
"The World Bartender Championship may be a global competition, but every bartender started their quest by instilling that corner bar experience at his or her local TGI Fridays," said Matt Durbin, Vice President of Beverage and Bar for Carlson Restaurants, parent company to Fridays SM. "It's the amazing energy, skill and unique service style happening at Fridays restaurants around the world that makes this competition possible, and the hometown fans really drive that excitement."
Fan Favorite ContestFridays invited the fans of this year's finalists from around the globe to join in the fun through the Fan Favorite online contest, which allowed friends, family and fans of the finalists to show their support by voting for their favorite bartender on the World Bartender Championship site.The bartender who generated the most votes will be announced at the finals and will receive a "Fan Favorite" title to commemorate the year of the competition. Last year David Kringlund from Stureplan, Sweden, was crowned the 2011 World's Greatest Bartender. He claimed the title from the 2010 WBC champion Attila Farmas, from Budapest, Hungary, and battled out thousands of others around the globe during the 21st anniversary of Fridays World Bartender Championship. Take a look at this year's finalists: The ten 2012 global WBC finalists are:
- Aaron Hardy, Orlando, FL
- Andy Hool, Canton, MI
- Chantry Coffman, Dallas, TX
- Hiroyuki "Mark" Yamada, Tokyo, Japan
- Jessica Myers, Vestal, NY
- Joachim "Jack" Reichel, Oslo, Norway
- Kristian Mihalin, Las Vegas, NV
- Paul Gil, Santiago, Dominican Republic
- Russell Ward, Sheffield, UK
- Scott Christian, Beavercreek, OH
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV