Mr. Bedward began his career as an attorney for the law firm Jenner & Block, where he was ultimately promoted to partner. At the firm, he handled a wide array of complex litigation matters, including fraud and business torts, intellectual property matters, product liability and insurance recovery actions.
Born in Madison, Wis., Mr. Bedward earned his bachelor's degree in business administration, magna cum laude, from Saint Norbert College. He holds a juris doctorate degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Illinois College of Law, where he also served as an editor on the Law Review.
In another organizational move, Hospira announced that Sumant Ramachandra, M.D., Ph.D., is resigning from his position as senior vice president and chief scientific officer, effective March 8. Dr. Ramachandra has served in this role since 2008. The company has initiated a search for his successor and instituted an interim reporting structure that will ensure seamless advancement of the company's research and development priorities, including its global expansion and biosimilars programs.
Said Mr. Ball, "On behalf of Hospira, I'd like to thank Sumant for his many contributions and wish him the best in his future endeavors. During his tenure, we have established one of the most robust biosimilars pipelines in the industry, expanded an already market-leading generic injectables portfolio and built a talented scientific, medical and regulatory organization to execute our vision for future success."About HospiraHospira, Inc. is the world's leading provider of injectable drugs and infusion technologies. Through its broad, integrated portfolio, Hospira is uniquely positioned to Advance Wellness™ by improving patient and caregiver safety while reducing healthcare costs. The company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Ill., and has approximately 16,000 employees. Learn more at www.hospira.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV