Mitsubishi Motors Reports 27.8 Percent Sales Increase In February
CYPRESS, Calif., March 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today reported a year-over-year sales increase of 27.8 percent in February. The 6,051 units sold marked Mitsubishi's largest monthly sales total since March 2012.
Outlander Sport sales were 1,644 for the month, an increase of almost 20 percent compared to February 2012. Sales of the fuel-efficient CUV, now manufactured in Normal, Illinois, showed an increase versus the prior year for the sixth consecutive month.
MMNA will launch a national marketing campaign this month that focuses on MMNA's 30 year sales history in the U.S. and 25 years of Mitsubishi manufacturing in Normal, Illinois. A special limited-edition Outlander Sport will concurrently start arriving in dealerships.
Other Mitsubishi February sales highlights:
- Lancer sales were up 89 percent, and are up 97 percent year-to-date.
- Sales of the all-electric Mitsubishi i-MiEV continued to grow with 337 units.
- Sales of the Outlander were up 92 percent and are up 51 percent for the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV