Kristian Mihailin Of Las Vegas Battles For The Crown Of "World's Best Bartender"
LAS VEGAS, March 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Las Vegas' own Kristian Mihailin will be among the ten elite finalists vying for the title of "World's Best Bartender" at TGI Fridays annual World Bartender Championship (WBC) being held at the House of Blues in Dallas, Texas, on March 6 th. Las Vegas bartender Kristian Mihailin took top honors for the Southwest divisional finals in the fall and will now showcase his bottle-wielding and recipe crafting skills for a panel of judges who will crown the champion based on knowledge of the bar, flavor of the drinks and 'flairtending' skills.
The WBC started as a one-off challenge between two bartenders, and is now widely recognized as the toughest international bartending competition. Today, the WBC welcomes more than 8,000 bartenders around the world. Kristian has been practicing his flairtending technique for nine years, and this year will his be fourth year showing off his skills at the World Bartender Championship.
"The World Bartender Championship may be a global competition, but every bartender started their quest by instilling that corner bar experience at his or her local TGI Fridays," said Matt Durbin, Vice President of Beverage and Bar for Carlson Restaurants, parent company to Fridays SM. "It's the amazing energy, skill and unique service style happening at Fridays restaurants around the world that makes this competition possible, and the hometown fans really drive that excitement."
Fan Favorite ContestFridays invited the fans of this year's finalists from around the globe to join in the fun through the Fan Favorite online contest, which allowed friends, family and fans of the finalists to show their support by voting for their favorite bartender on the World Bartender Championship site.The bartender who generated the most votes will be announced at the finals and will receive a "Fan Favorite" title to commemorate the year of the competition.Last year David Kringlund from Stureplan, Sweden, was crowned the 2011 World's Greatest Bartender. He claimed the title from the 2010 WBC champion Attila Farmas, from Budapest, Hungary, and battled out thousands of others around the globe during the 21st anniversary of Fridays World Bartender Championship. Take a look at this year's finalists: The ten 2012 global WBC finalists are:
- Aaron Hardy, Orlando, FL
- Andy Hool, Canton, MI
- Chantry Coffman, Dallas, TX
- Hiroyuki "Mark" Yamada, Tokyo, Japan
- Jessica Myers, Vestal, NY
- Joachim "Jack" Reichel, Oslo, Norway
- Kristian Mihalin, Las Vegas, NV
- Paul Gil, Santiago, Dominican Republic
- Russell Ward, Sheffield, UK
- Scott Christian, Beaver Creek, OH
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV