Antitrust Lawsuit Against Railroads Dismissed
UP spokeswoman Raquel Espinoza declined to comment on the lawsuit or its dismissal.
After the lawsuit was filed in 2011 in a federal court in Washington, D.C., both railroads defended their pricing practices and denied the lawsuit's allegation.
The lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice, meaning Oxbow can refile the complaint.
Attorneys for Oxbow did not immediately return messages left Friday, but Oxbow spokesman Brad Goldstein said the company will refile the lawsuit, amended to reflect the judge's concerns."Oxbow ... will move forward to hold UP and BNSF accountable for their illegal and anti-competitive behavior," Goldstein said. Union Pacific is headquartered in Omaha, Neb. BNSF is based in Fort Worth, Texas, but is part of Warren Buffett's Omaha-based Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV