5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts
One stock that's trending within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is Affymax (AFFY), a biopharmaceutical company committed to developing novel drugs to improve the treatment of serious and often life-threatening conditions. This stock has been destroyed by the sellers so far in 2013, with shares off by a whopping 85%.
Shares of AFFY were pounded lower by 85% on Monday after reports of severe allergic reactions in some kidney-disease patients, culminating in at least five deaths, prompted the firm to recall its flagship antianemia drug Omontys.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV