SAN FRANCISCO, March 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech's InformationWeek Reports, a service provider for peer-based IT research and analysis, announced the release of its latest research report. The 2013 State of Storage report analyzes results from InformationWeek's poll of 314 business technology decision-makers, and features exclusive trending data.
InformationWeek polled more than 300 business technology professionals, all of them involved with storage at their organizations. Survey results reveal that Ethernet is taking off, with a combined year-over-year boost of 20 points in iSCSI and FCoE. Security saw gains as well: 60% now encrypt at least some stored data. And, good help is hard to find, as 26% cite insufficient staffing as a top concern, up from 19% in 2012.Findings:
- 63% say use of solid-state drives improves performance, unsurprisingly. But there's room to grow as just 28% of solid-state users have SSDs in 31% or more of their arrays.
- 42% have 100 terabytes or more under active management; 11% have 1 petabyte or more, up from 9% in 2012.
- 39% of decision-makers use some sort of cloud-based storage now; an additional 32% are considering.
- 27% have consolidated storage into fewer, centrally managed systems.
- 25% retain Office and SharePoint documents indefinitely, while an additional 18% have no policy for disposal, which generally translates to "indefinite." Twelve percent have no disposal policy for email, which can bite a company in e-discovery situations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV