JUNO BEACH, Fla., March 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, the competitive energy subsidiary of NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NEE), today announced that one of its subsidiaries has completed the sale of all of its equity interests in White Pine Hydro Investments, LLC, which indirectly owns 351 megawatts (MW) of hydro generation related assets in Maine and New Hampshire through FPL Energy Maine Hydro, LLC (Maine Hydro).
The sale was based on an enterprise value of approximately $760 million, subject to typical closing adjustments and included the existing $700 million of non-recourse project debt.
The Maine Hydro assets consist of a portfolio of hydroelectric generation plants and equity interests in eight storage reservoirs in
New Hampshire. The hydro assets are located primarily on three major river systems, which are the Kennebec River system, the Androscoggin River system, and the Saco River system, with one project located on the Presumpscot River system.
About NextEra Energy ResourcesNextEra Energy Resources, LLC (together with its affiliated entities, "NextEra Energy Resources"), is a clean energy leader and is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power in the U.S., with over 18,100 megawatts of generating capacity in 24 states and Canada as of year-end 2012. NextEra Energy Resources, together with its affiliated entities, is the largest generator in North America of renewable energy from the wind and sun. The business operates clean, emissions-free nuclear power generation facilities in New Hampshire, Iowa and Wisconsin as part of the NextEra Energy nuclear fleet, which is one of the largest in the United States. NextEra Energy Resources, LLC is a subsidiary of Juno Beach, Fla.-based NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE). For more information, visit www.NextEraEnergyResources.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV