1. As of noon trading, Waste Management ( WM) is down $0.57 (-1.5%) to $36.75 on light volume Thus far, 743,570 shares of Waste Management exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $36.73-$37.23 after having opened the day at $37.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.32. Waste Management, Inc. provides waste management services to residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers in North America. It offers collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. Waste Management has a market cap of $17.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Waste Management a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Waste Management as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Waste Management Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the materials & construction industry could consider SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF ( XHB) while those bearish on the materials & construction industry could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts