3 Stocks Pushing The Health Care Sector Lower
1. As of noon trading, Merck ( MRK) is down $0.24 (-0.6%) to $42.49 on average volume Thus far, 5.6 million shares of Merck exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $42.33-$42.67 after having opened the day at $42.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.73. Merck & Co., Inc. provides various health solutions through its prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, animal health, and consumer care products. Merck has a market cap of $130.6 billion and is part of the drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Merck a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Merck as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Merck Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the health care sector could consider Health Care Select Sector SPDR ( XLV) while those bearish on the health care sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Health Care ( RXD). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts