1. As of noon trading, Franklin Resources ( BEN) is down $1.63 (-1.2%) to $139.62 on average volume Thus far, 440,135 shares of Franklin Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 746,400 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $138.96-$140.94 after having opened the day at $140.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $141.25. Franklin Resources Inc. is a publicly owned asset management holding company. The firm provides its services to individuals, institutions, pension plans, trusts, and partnerships. It manages, through its subsidiary, separate client-focused equity, fixed income, and balanced portfolios. Franklin Resources has a market cap of $30.1 billion and is part of the financial services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Franklin Resources a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Franklin Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Franklin Resources Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial sector could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial sector could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts