Blackberry's new phones are set to go on sale in the U.S. later this month, but Blackberry is already tweaking the software's feature set to try to get everything just right.
The Canadian company announced it's releasing OS 10.0.10.85 which is said to improve the working conditions in a number of ways:
Battery: The update reportedly offers more than 60 improvements to extend battery life. I've found that my Z10 test unit already gives me two days between charges so I'll be interested to see just what they're improving.Camera: New software allows for better pictures in low-light conditions. Browser: Improvements to the Web browser's ability to present streaming videos and all media. Phone, Calendar, Contacts: Fixes to the Blackberry Hub's call logging practices as well as improvements to the way Google (GOOG) Gmail Calendars are handled. Third-Party Apps: Should run faster and smoother with this new upgrade. Blackberry is pushing the new software to their new phones as an over-the-air installation. We're expecting mobile carriers to roll-out the upgrade notifications in the next few weeks. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV