BOSTON, March 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced the launch of the SAP® Scouting solution, an enterprise offering that will enable sports franchises to improve their ability to identify and acquire the talent that fuels their teams' on-field success. SAP developed the solution in partnership with the National Football League's (NFL) San Francisco 49ers during preparation for the 2013 NFL Draft. The announcement was made at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, being held March 1-2 in Boston.
SAP Scouting will bring together the power of cloud and in-memory technologies to help teams take a major step forward in incorporating the use of technology to help drive key player personnel decisions. With the solution, sports teams across leagues will be able to continuously and systematically improve their scouting and player evaluation processes. SAP Scouting will enable teams to:
- Provide scouts, executives, coaches and trainers with the ability to access and easily enter player evaluations with a modern, easy-to-use application powered by the SAP HANA® platform, SAP's in-memory computing platform.
- Create a complete and unified picture of each prospect by bringing together information from qualitative evaluations with quantitative information from scouting databases and other sources
- Compare prospects in real time and benchmark them against professionals at their position
- Collaborate to develop a draft-day strategy with an interactive draft board
These capabilities will empower teams to transform scouting and player evaluation processes, making them more efficient so that they can execute faster, smarter and simpler as they prepare for draft day. By creating a persistent, player-centric data model, teams will also be able to create a strong foundation for the application of more advanced analytics for roster optimization in the future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV