With millions and millions of wireless devices being used every day, the odds are it will happen to all of us at some point – we will lose, damage or experience mechanical issues with our device. Now Sprint (NYSE: S) customers have a second chance to ensure their device is protected.
From March 1 through March 31, Sprint is giving customers who originally opted out of its device protection program at the time of purchase another chance to enroll. Sprint’s device protection packages provide a range of coverage from loss to routine maintenance for wireless phones, smartphones, Sprint mobile broadband cards, tablets, netbooks and notebooks.
To be eligible for device protection open enrollment, the customer’s device must be functioning and in the customer’s possession. Customers can enroll at www.sprint.com/deviceprotection or by visiting any Sprint store.
“Wireless devices are more advanced today and consumers are relying even more on them for their business and everyday needs,” said Jaime Jones, senior vice president, consumer sales for Sprint. “A device protection plan is an affordable way to help ensure devices are protected from expensive replacement costs due to unintentional damage, loss or theft.”Total Equipment Protection (TEP), administered by Asurion, provides customers complete protection for their phone, smartphone or Sprint mobile broadband card. Coverage includes loss, theft, damage and mechanical or electrical failure caused by defect or normal wear and tear, as well as routine maintenance. As an added feature, customers can download the Protection App to locate, lock and otherwise protect their phone remotely from a computer. The cost for TEP ranges from $8 to $11 per month, per line of service, depending on your device model. TEP offers comprehensive end-to-end coverage and the peace of mind resulting from an easy, hassle-free solution. TEP helps customers who enroll by resolving many device issues the same day at Sprint full-service locations.
- In some cases device issues can be serviced or repaired in about one hour.
- It saves the customer per incident fees for in-store service or repair transactions.
- If the device is lost, stolen or exhibits liquid or physical damage, approved replacements will typically arrive in one business day.
- TEP saves customers from paying full retail price to replace their handset.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV