RICHMOND, Va., March 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Union First Market Bankshares Corporation (the "Company") today announced that its Board of Directors has authorized a share repurchase program to purchase up to 750,000 shares of the Company's common stock on the open market or in privately negotiated transactions. The authorization permits management to repurchase the Company's shares from time to time at management's discretion. The repurchase program is authorized through December 31, 2013.
In 2012, Union First Market Bankshares completed two separate share repurchases. The Company repurchased and retired approximately 970,000 shares, or approximately 3.5% of total shares outstanding, in those transactions.
ABOUT UNION FIRST MARKET BANKSHARES CORPORATIONHeadquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Union First Market Bankshares Corporation (NASDAQ: UBSH) is the holding company for Union First Market Bank, which has 90 branches and more than 150 ATMs throughout Virginia. Non-bank affiliates of the holding company include: Union Investment Services, Inc., which provides full brokerage services; Union Mortgage Group, Inc., which provides a full line of mortgage products; and Union Insurance Group, LLC, which offers various lines of insurance products. Union First Market Bank also owns a non-controlling interest in Johnson Mortgage Company, L.L.C. Additional information on the Company is available at http://investors.bankatunion.com SOURCE Union First Market Bankshares Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV